PhotoWidget

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I'm On My Way

Source

Tonight I took my notebook, my iPad and myself to bed with a headache I've had for five days (we've become quite close :)), ready to study. As a health coach in training, and a human, I'm well aware that I should listen to my body and I should have given myself the night off. I don’t know whether it’s my love for the course I'm studying, my general passion for health and wellness or my need to always be doing something, but either way, I refused to rest.

I recently removed all social media from my phone so with my iPad in hand ready to study, I decided to have a quick look be sucked in the vortex of social media. Facebook. Instragram. Twitter. Then an hour later I found myself still watching YouTube videos from a Tweet I’d seen (you got me good ‘Recommended Videos’).

I could technically call tonight’s activities ‘research’ because the videos were from one of the most down to earth and inspiring wellness junkies I've come across, but more than that, it left me with such a fire in my belly that I got out of bed and told my husband just how excited I was.

I feel like my goals have shifted SO much since my New Years Eve resolutions that I honestly don’t know where I’ll end up, or where I’ll want to end up. Day to day I make small changes to benefit my health, and small changes to benefit my future, and it causes my priorities to shift.

And I couldn't be more excited.

Source

Tonight for me is a small representation of life. Sometimes we want to do things, yet life has other plans. It doesn't necessarily mean you took a step back; it just means you took a detour to an even more amazing spot. Another spot to learn and grow. You don't need to know everything now; you just need to take advantage of everything that you come across on your journey.

With that in mind, I'm not sure if I’ll call tonight a win for the universe because I didn't study, or a win for me because I am more inspired, motivated and committed than ever, but I'm on my way universe. I don’t know where I'm going or how I’ll get there, but I'm on my way.

Has not getting what you wanted brought an even greater blessing to your life?



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Brooke! It's so crazy, I actually just posted on twitter, "I'm not there yet but the most important thing is that I'm on my way" and then I saw this! woah!!

    Just discovered your instagram....be ready for an insane amount of likes and comments! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anna! Great minds obviously think alike ;) Or the universe was trying to tell you something.

      I look forward to it :)

      Thanks so much for stopping by xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I respond to them all so be sure to check back xx