PhotoWidget

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

In The Kitchen: Chicken & Quinoa Salad

I am a self proclaimed member of the wellness bandwagon but until recently I felt like a fraud. Wellness and quinoa go together like Mary-Kate and Ashley, however it wasn't until I saw a recipe on Finger, Fork & Knife that I decided to finally add quinoa to my repertiore. Now I don't know how I lived without it. 

Chicken, Roast Pumpkin + Greens with Tri-Coloured Quinoa, Yoghurt Dressing


In summary, this meal was amazing! While cooking I considered not putting certain ingredients in just because there seemed to be too many. I wondered how celery or some almonds would make a difference to the meal but I am so glad I stuck to the recipe because every. single. thing. in this recipe added to it and made every mouthful scrumptious!

The recipe can be found here and I definitely recommend you try it.

If you haven't cooked with quinoa yet, here are a couple of reasons why you should add quinoa to your shopping list!


What is something you've recently starting cooking with?

2 comments:

  1. Quinoa is the best! I switched pasta for quinoa last year and have never looked back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for being my first ever comment Anna haha! :) I love quinoa but I must admit I haven't given up my pasta for it yet. That's next on the list xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I respond to them all so be sure to check back xx