PhotoWidget

Friday, August 30, 2013

What's Your Ideal Life?

When you imagine your future, what do you see? Who are you? And where are you? What is the weather like? Now that you can see it, can you feel it?

I believe in the power of positive thinking and the law of attraction which is why I
try to live a life with as much positivity and gratitude as possible. Aside from the fact living life this way is far more fun, it can also bring even more positivity and abundance to your life. Win-win right?


This is why I'm a huge fan of vision boards, particularly for creating your ideal life.

A vision board is usually a collection of images and affirmation that represent your ambitions and desires. It can be focused on your life or on a particular event, such as a wedding. Your vision board should represent your hopes and dreams and it should show your ideal life. No limits necessary.

Why Create a Vision Board
According to the Law of Attraction, what we think about most, or feel most, comes true, and having a vision board makes it a lot easier to visualise yourself in a particular situation and therefore it’s easier to ‘feel’ yourself there. Say for example, I wanted to go to Venice (which while you’re listening Universe, I totally do!), while I can try to imagine myself in a gondola in Venice, if I have a photo of a gondola in a Venice canal, and look at it daily, then I can really begin to see and feel myself there.

Imagine Your Ideal Life
The first step to creating a vision board is to really think about what you want in your life. Think on the deepest level; what are your unspoken ambitions? What would you buy if money were no object? Write it down.

Pick Your Images or Let Them Pick You

When I created my vision board I did so by searching the things I wanted on the Internet based on what I thought I needed as part of ‘my ideal life’. While I kept searching until I found the exact photo of what I wanted, the more authentic and deeper way to create a vision board is to let the images pick you.

The recommended way of letting images ‘pick you’ is to flick through magazines until you feel something positive from the image. The image might be so random you question why you’d possibly have a reaction to it, but if you feel something, then rip it out and set it aside.

If you’re like me and don’t particularly want to spend $50 on magazines and not find an image of a Holistic Health Coach on a private jet for example (I did say no limits necessary!), then searching the internet and printing them works perfectly fine (although I did not find my aforementioned image on there either). It just means the next step is more important.

Your vision board can be anything you want. Anything. Whether it's inspirational quotes, a mock-up of a LinkedIn profile with your dream job title, a photo of your dream house or a bed of comfy blankets; the only boundary is your imagination.

Review & Relate

I thought I was perfectly happy with my images considering I searched the internet for hours to find each and every one of them, but because they didn't ‘pick me’ it was more important than ‘normal’ to do a review and see if I still related to them. After my review, which was actually done as I laminated them to save time, I found that I no longer felt a connection to some - quotes didn't resonate with me and ‘things’ didn't belong. My focus and feelings had shifted so I removed those images because if I don't feel anything for it, I certainly don't want to be attracting it to my ideal life.

Whether you search the internet or rip out images from your magazines, before you stick your images onto your vision before it’s good to have another look over them and make sure they still have a place in your ideal life.

Stick ‘Em Up

Once you’re happy with your collection of images it’s time to stick them up! You can paste them in a journal you can flick through, stick them on a cork board behind your desk or on poster paper on your bedroom wall. Find what works for you, because the spot you stick it and how you do it can be as individual as your ideal life.

My vision board takes pride of place on the back of my ensuite door which works perfectly for me because it’s private and I don’t have to worry about people wondering why I have so many photos of Olivia Palmero, and the shower is the only place in the house I'm still long enough to actually go through them all. I individually stuck all of my images with Blu-Tac which allows me to easily add and remove as my priorities change (or things come into my life).

Review Part 2
Many people say that once you create your vision board you don’t necessarily have to look at it again. By putting your wishes out to the universe it will manifest it for you. Even if this is the case, I still review my vision board daily. It helps that it’s on the back of my ensuite door so I can look at it during my morning dry body brushing, but it also connects me back to my images, serves as a reminder of where I'm heading and provides support when I need it.

My vision board isn't just my ideal life with material things. In fact, my vision board has more inspirational quotes than anything and I find that I will be drawn to particular quotes on particular days. 

So what’s your vision?
Go to a quiet place, and imagine your ideal life. What is in it? Where are you? Who are you? Begin to connect with your deepest desires. Then set the bar higher. Do not limit yourself and let your imagination run wild.

Once you've finished your vision board it’s important to truly believe and feel that this is your life. A good way to do this is to include a photo of yourself in the middle of your board. A photo that was taken when you looked and felt happy. You will begin to connect this emotion with the other images in your vision board, and the Law of Attraction will be at work.  

By feeling happy, gratitude, positivity and abundance, the Law of Attraction will provide. And even if it didn't, you would still feel happy, gratitude, positivity and abundance, so what do you have to lose?


Whether it’s the world in alignment that’s bringing you the things on your vision board, or the fact you have a constant reminder of what you really truly want, so you subconsciously work towards it, vision boards have had too much success to completely ignore them.

So what is your ideal life?


I attract everything that is for my highest good.

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment! I respond to them all so be sure to check back xx