PhotoWidget

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Year in Review: 2013

I have big massive things planned for this year. I use 'planned' loosely as nothing at all is planned; I simply have utmost faith in the Universe that 2014 is going to be amazing, and everything will fall perfectly into place.

I know I'm going to get to the end of this year and be proud of where I'm at, but I also know I wouldn't be there if 2013 didn't happen exactly the way it did. I believe everything happens for a reason and every situation is setting you up for the future. So I want to give thanks to 2013 for the year that it was. For the love, laughter and lessons it brought me, and for the journey it's sending me on this year.

Below are some of my highlights of twenty thirteen.

Wedded Bliss
Getting married in November 2012, I spent the majority of 2013 in my first year of marriage. Every day is amazing when you spend it with your best friend/soul mate/husband who loves and supports you unconditionally. Waking up to his face every day means that I always start my day with a grateful heart. He is such a blessing in my life and I loved spending the last year as his wife.


We were lucky enough to spend our one year wedding anniversary in the gorgeous romantic town of Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany, where we toured with the Night Watchman, ate in a 1000 year old restaurant and roamed the wall that surrounds the city. It was such a perfect place to celebrate our one year of wedded bliss.

Passion
In 2013 I feel as though I found my passion; health and wellness and sharing it with others. For quite a few years I've been interested in holistic health and wellness but never thought to do anything with it. I had read about the Institute of Integrative Nutrition a number of years ago and midway through 2013, with a sign from the universe, I heard about it again and enrolled.

I'm now midway through my course where I'll end up a Holistic Health Coach and I couldn't be more excited to be on this journey.

The Launch of The Pursuit of Wellness
Studying at IIN didn't just feed my interest, it fuelled my passion. Wanting to share everything I learn with everyone, I created The Pursuit of Wellness; a little spot where I hope visitors will be inspired to make changes to their life to live a more healthy and happy life.

The Pursuit of Wellness gets me out of my comfort zone so not only do I hope people learn something by visiting, I'm learning too.

Learnings
Speaking of learning, in 2013 I received a big lesson from the universe and I'm so thankful for it. I realised my health was something I've often taken for granted and had the reminder that it's far harder to recover from ill health than it is to look after yourself.


This lesson was huge for me and was really the catalyst behind major changes in my life. My health and body is now a priority and I want to give it the attention it needs.

Cleansing 
My less than ideal health in mid 2013 was a blessing because I realised before it was too late that I can improve it. I was so exhausted that I couldn't get out of bed and I occasionally had to sit in the shower.

I am a perfectionist so not being able to 'do it all' was a struggle for me. Another sign from the universe later and I took a chance on a nutritional cleanse. Six months later I'm still on it, and while I'll do a review on it within the next few months, I can say without a doubt, it is what allowed me to go back to me. I sleep better, have more energy and feel happy knowing that for once I'm focusing my efforts into looking after myself by giving my body the complete nutrition it needs.

Vision into Reality
In October this year my husband and I embarked on a four week, five country adventure. Our trip saw us visit Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Switzerland, Germany and Poland and there are no words to express the complete and utter gratitude I feel for this trip.

Travelling to Europe for the first time with my husband was so incredibly special; from our bike rides around a small Swiss town, celebrating our one year wedding anniversary in the most romantic town in Germany to staying in the most amazing hotels, it was unforgettable.

The photo on my vision board
On our travels through Switzerland we visited the capital Bern. On my vision board was a photo of a bridge in Bern and I was lucky enough to get a photo of that exact spot.


Bern was so special because not only is it a beautiful historic town, it was a reminder that we can achieve anything we set our minds to, and now I'm excited to see what 2014 will bring.

Swimming with Dolphins
During our stay at The Atlantis Resort at the Palms in Dubai, my husband and I went swimming with the dolphins at the water park connected to the resort. I've swam with dolphins in the wild before but being able to swim up close and touch these incredible creatures was a dream come true.


We had around half an hour of swimming and learning and I tried to savour every moment. I have so much love for dolphins that to be so close to them was so special, and sharing it with my husband made it even more perfect.

Round Up!
2013 will always be so freaking special to me. It was filled with SO much love and laughter with my husband, family and friends, that I feel so blessed. The memories I share with them all are without a doubt the absolute highlight of my year. Day trips, weekends away, concerts, pool swims, sleep overs, movie nights, dinners; 2013, you were such a massive year and I'm gratefully overflowing with love.

So filled to the brim with love, gratitude, strength and motivation, I know 2014 is going to be amazing, and I thank 2013 for lining it all up.

What is your highlight of 2013? What are you most looking forward to in 2014?



2 comments:

  1. Wow what an incredible year! I can't wait to get my vision board together for 2014! So far, all I have is a list of things I want to focus on relationship, self, career & health wise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, it definitely was! That sounds like a great visions board; lots of personal growth. I hope that 2014 brings you everything you wish for xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I respond to them all so be sure to check back xx